- To promote, encourage and foster the study of genealogy and original genealogical research in the branch’s geographical area.
- To collect and preserve information, books, manuscripts, charts, maps, photographs, microfilm and related material relevant to genealogical study.
- To encourage and instruct members in the ethical principles and techniques of genealogical research.
- To publish and distribute books, bulletins and other material, as may, from time to time, be desirable to further their foregoing objects of the branch.
- To raise funds for any of the foregoing objects and to accept donation, gifts, legacies, and bequests.
- To support “organizations” external to the society and within the branch’s geographical area which have a shared interest in genealogy and family history.