Online Resources: Links to Societies
The Ontario Genealogical Society, and component Branches
This link will take you to the main page of the Society. From there you'll be able to access pages of those member Branches which have a Web presence.
- Quinte Branch, to the West
- Leeds and Grenville Branch, to the East,
- Ottawa Branch, to the North and East.
- The Lennox and Addington Historical Society maintains a large number of online genealogy primary sources.
- The Kingston and District Branch, United Empire Loyalist Association of Canada focus on Loyalists, particularly those who settled in the area of Frontenac and Lennox & Addington Counties, immediately after the American Revolution.
- The Lanark County Genealogical Society is very active, publishes a regular Newsletter, and offers Surname Queries.
- The Upper Ottawa Valley Genealogical Group, a group with Renfrew (Ontario) and Pontiac (Quebec) County interests, maintains a Web page that has surname lists and links to various area resources. They also offer a busy email-based Discussion List.
OGS Branches that border Kingston Branch territory are:
The following 'un-affiliated' genealogical groups and societies may have resources of some relevance to researchers of people from the Kingston, Frontenac County and Lennox & Addington County areas:
See our Publications List for information that relates to sites and records from some of these nearby places.