How to Support OGS
OGS needs your support in order to continue carrying out its mission to encourage, bring together and assist those interested in the pursuit of family history. We started our Endowment Fund in 1995 with the goal of reaching 1 million dollars to allow for continuous funding of many OGS projects and for ensuring future financial stability in the face of decreasing government support in the heritage sector.
Here’s what your donation to the Endowment Fund can do:
- help fund our province-wide digitization project Keeping and Valuing Ontario’s History;
- help fund other projects;
- help publish our books;
- allow OGS to periodically update the equipment and programs we need in order to serve you better;
- allow OGS to continue to operate on a daily basis.
Here’s how you can give:
- One time gift: Donate Now
Please note: When you make a donation to the Endowment Fund online, you will fill out the Direction. This enables us to invest your donation for ten years so it can help grow new funds. Without the Direction, we would have to spend 80% of your donation within the year it was given.
- Legacy Giving: Make OGS a beneficiary of your will.
Please contact the Provincial Office for more information.
OGS also welcomes donations to general Operations or to specific areas such as the library or website. These funds are spent immediately. You can also donate to any of our 30 Branches and we will pass the money directly to the Branch.
You can contact the OGS office at 416-489-0734 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting The Ontario Genealogical Society
Charitable BN 11924 8680 RR0001