United Empire Loyalists
return to main Links page
United Empire Loyalists were those who had been settled in the thirteen colonies at the outbreak of the American Revolution and who remained loyal to Britain and settled in what is now Canada at the end of the war.
- The United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada
- "dedicated to ....the history of the United Empire Loyalists and their contribution to the development of Canada"
United Empire Loyalist Sources
- indexed in the Virtual Reference Library, Toronto Public Library
United Empire Loyalist Burial Ground
- St. John's Anglican Church, Woodhouse, Ontario
Online Institute for Advanced Loyalist Studies
- A clearinghouse for Loyalist information and databases of interest for anyone with an interest in military research, genealogy or living history.
United Empire Loyalists statue
- Hamilton Ontario. Erected 1929
Records Relating to the War of 1812
- at the Archives of Ontario
Canadian Genealogy Centre, Library and Archives Canada
- "Library and Archives Canada holds a variety of sources relating to the United Empire Loyalists who settled in Canada after the American Revolution"
Loyalist Institute The Military Establishment
United Empire Loyalist Mailing List
- "A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical, cultural or historical interest in the United Empire loyalists who came to Canada from the United States during and after the American Revolution"
The Loyalist Collection
- The Harriet Irving Library at the University
of New Brunswick in Fredericton, N.B. is a repository of Loyalist resources
which is unique in Canada. The Loyalist Collection contains microfilm
of British, North American Colonial, and early Canadian primary sources
from approximately 1740 - 1870, with the chief focus being the American
Revolution, and the early years of Loyalist settlement in British North
The Dr. H.C. Burleigh fonds
- The Dr. H.C. Burleigh fonds contains genealogical research on over 1,000 families with roots in the Kingston area. Family files may contain as few as one page, or as many as 800 pages.