Members in good standing may nominate a Branch, Special Interest Group or outside organization or institution for this award. This award is presented to:
- a Branch or Special Interest Group of the Society which has taken leadership in a project that is useful to family historians outside their geographic scope, or contributed to a special project which lies beyond the Branch or Special Interest Group’s regular participation in Society activities, and is of interest to researchers across the province;
- an organization or institution whose contributions have been of benefit to the whole of the Society by:
- Digitizing and/or preserving a group of documents of interest to researchers outside their geographic location;
- Making their records available online;
- Creating a finding aid or index to a large group of records of interest to researchers outside their geographic location;
- Or some other reason justified in their nomination
- a new library or museum offering information of interest to researchers outside their geographic location.
The information from the Branch or Special Interest Group project, or from the outside organization or institution, MUST be accessible to the public either online or in a location accessible to the public.
Please submit your nomination and supporting documentation on the online nomination form below. Deadline for submissions is MAY 1st. Awards are presented at the OGS Annual General Meeting held in June each year.
Questions? Email the Awards Committee at email@example.com.
The Awards Committee reserves the right not to present an award in any given year should suitable candidates not be nominated. In all Awards and Contests, the decision of the Judges is final.