The Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS) Opportunity
Executive Director, Ontario Genealogical Society
If you are a strategic thinker and collaborator interested in supporting the research, recording and tracing of Ontario family histories this opportunity is for you!
Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Ontario Genealogical Society, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for managing and leading the organization’s administration and for successfully carrying out the mission and vision of the Society.
The incumbent is responsible for providing the day to day management that delivers on the strategic and business objectives set by the Society’s Board. The ED plans the execution of programs and initiatives to meet the needs of the Society’s diverse branches and special interest groups. He/she is an experienced manager in the not-for-profit sector who has experience managing staff, balancing budgets and has a demonstrated ability to meet targets and ensure the success of the organization. Working together with the Board and with the staff of the society, the ED is responsible for ensuring that programs and initiatives are responsive to the needs of constituents from across the Province.
About the Ontario Genealogical Society
The Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS), a Canadian registered charity founded in 1961, is the largest member-supported family history organization in Canada. The core of the OGS’ vision is to be recognized as the authority and leader in all aspects of Ontario related family history research, preservation and communication.
- Relevant degree/diploma in an administrative discipline
- 8-10 years of innovative management experience in the non-profit sector
- Experience working at an executive or director level
- Outstanding leadership
- Superior ability to manage people, build relationships and foster collaboration
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of constituents and stakeholders
- Knowledge of government structures and programs supporting family history research
- Familiarity with the development and execution of fundraising campaigns is an asset
Location is 2100 Steeles Avenue West, Suite 202, Concord, Ontario L4K 2V1.
How to apply:
Please apply in confidence by downloading the full executive profile for this position from the OGS web site at https://ogs.on.ca/society-executive-director-profile and by forwarding your cover letter and resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ontario Genealogical Society prides itself on being an inclusive workplace. We value the richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from all equity groups.