Other Known Names: Fiddler’s Green Road Cemetery
Street Address: 99 Garner Road East
Location: Lots 43 & 44, Concession 4, Ancaster
Type of Cemetery: Religious (Methodist Episcopal, United) Responsible Agency: White Brick United Church Cemetery Board Status for Burials: Open for burials Plot Plan: None
Size: Medium, 420 monuments
Date of Opening: 1845
Fencing: Chain link, hedgerow, and wood Monument Types: flat, upright and column Monuments of: Marble and granite
Located on the southeast corner of Carluke Road and Shaver Road, this cemetery was in use as early as 1831. The first Presbyterian church in the area was established in 1846 and in 1850 a permanent building known as White Church was completed.
The White Brick Church and Cemetery are located on land formerly owned by John Rymal. Originally the site of an Episcopal Methodist Church, the congregation came to use the churchyard as a burial ground as early as 1846. With the Methodist Union of 1874, the church was used as a Sunday School and meeting house, and is currently used only once per year. The church continues to administer and maintain the cemetery.