Ontario Church Photo Collection

Help OGS build a photographic record of Ontario churches so everyone will be able to view the church where a relevant christening, marriage or burial took place.  You are encouraged to contribute as many churches as you wish, and may contribute up to 5 images for each church, together with the church name, address and other relevant information on the – Church Photo Uploader

OGS asserts copyright by assignment in respect of all modern photographs in this collection, which also includes a few historical photographs which are out of copyright. Users are permitted to copy or save images for personal, non-commercial research, collection and use. Re-publication of copyright photographs witout written permission is prohibited.

To view an image simply click on the image links associated with the particular church. You may wish to right-click and select “open link in new tab”, so as to not lose your place.  We hope in the future to be able to display a gallery of photographs for ease of browsing.

To locate a particular church, or all churches in a city, town, village, township or county, simply enter a relevant word in the search box above the right hand column to automatically reduce the list to only those entries matching your search term.

Church name: Address / County / Township
Church name: Address / County / Township Church Photos Comments/Other Information
Test Church 76 Elma St
St Catharines
Ontario
L2N 6Z7
Canada
15141551187857398084535088862134.jpg
Church Test 2100 Steeles Avenue West, Unit # 202
Concord
Ontario
L4K 2V1
Canada
15141559231881038757961520713815.jpg
Plainville United Church 8372 Cavan Road
Plainville
Ontario
Northumberland, Hamilton
Canada
Plainville-United-001.jpg
Knox United Church 214 Northumberland St.
Ayr
Ontario
Waterloo Region
Canada
Ayr-KnoxUnitedChurch-0001-Google2017.JPG
St. Andrew's Presbyterian 20389 Church St
South Lancaster
Ontario
Lancaster Township, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry
Canada
IMG_9394-Version-2.jpg
IMG_9838-Version-2.jpg
IMG_9839-Version-2.jpg
IMG_9840-Version-2.jpg
St. Isidore Roman Catholic 186 County Road 9
St. Isidore
Ontario
South Plantagenet Township United Counties of Prescott Russell The Nation Municipality
Canada
IMG_1854-Version-2.jpg
Sadly the church was destroyed by fire July 2016

GPS N45.38546300, W-74.90572500
Putnam Methodist Church / Putnam United Church (now Reynolds Creek United Church) 7180 Hamilton Road
Putnam
Ontario
Middlesex/North Dorchester
Canada
Putnam-Church-from-Homers-project.jpg
Putnam-Church-from-side_cr.jpg
2000_cropped.jpg
St Paul's Basilica 83 Power St
Toronto M5A 3A8
Ontario
Algoma
Canada
St-Pauls.png
Established in 1822, St Paul's is the oldest Roman Catholic church in Toronto and remains active today. It is situated in the downtown core, on the east side of the oldest part of Toronto. See http://stpaulsbasilicaparish.com/about-st-pauls/history/

website: http://stpaulsbasilicaparish.com/
Shouldice United Church R.R.#2 Shallow Lake Ontario Canada
R.R.#2 Shallow Lake Ontario Canada
Shallow Lake
Ontario
Keppel
Canada
Shouldice-United-Church.jpg
Church service were held in the home at Shouldice and later in the school by Rev. George Brown was the first minister to preach in the brick school in 1887. The church was built 1905 . Rev Fox was minister 1902-1912
St. Paul's Cathedral, Anglican 472 Richmond St.
London
Ontario
Middlesex County
Canada
London-st-pauls-cathedral.jpg
Website: www.stpaulscathedral.on.ca
St Ann's Church Anglican no 911 #
Adelaide
Ontario
Adelaide/Metcalfe Twp, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Anns-Anglican-Cemetery-Adelaide-ON.jpg
St-Anns-Anglican-Adelaide-ON.jpg
Middlesex-Historical-Trail-Sign-St-Anns-Anglican-Adelaide.jpg
Honour-Roll-St-Anns-Church-Adelaide.jpg
Church-Sign.jpg
This church is no longer in operation. It has one service a year. It's congregation worship at St John the Evangelist in Strathroy.
Kerwood United Church Grace and Clyde Sts
Kerwood
Ontario
Adelaide/Metcalfe Twp, Middlesex County
Canada
Pioneer-Members-Memorial.jpg
Kerwood-United-Church.jpg
Kerwood-United-Church-Honours-Scroll.jpg
Honour-Roll-Bethesda-United-Church-held-by-Kerwood-United.jpg
Cairngorm-United-Church-Honour-Roll-held-by-Kerwood-United.jpg
Kerwood United Church has perpetuated the honour rolls of Bethesda and Cairngorm United churches.
St Paul's Anglican Kerwood Road and McKenzie Sts
Kerwood
Ontario
Adelaide/Metcalfe Twp, Middlesex County
Canada
Honour-Roll-St-Pauls-Church-Kerwood-ON-2.jpg
The-Preston-display.jpg
St-Pauls-Anglican-Kerwood-ON-south-and-west-faces.jpg
St-Pauls-Anglican-Church-Kerwood-ON-Front-face.jpg
St Pauls holds a memorial wall dedicated to a US Civil war soldier. Ships in the US Navy were named after him.
St Andrews Presbyterian Napier 26007 Napier Road
Napier
Ontario
Adelaide/Metcalfe Twp, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Andrews-Presbyterian-Napier-On.jpg
St-Andrews-Presbyterian-Napier-On-Spire.jpg
rear-and-south-face-St-Andrews-Church-Napier-ON.jpg
Middlesex-Heritage-Trail-Sign-St-Andrews.jpg
St Mary's Anglican Melwood Drive
Napier
Ontario
Adelaide/Metcalfe Twp, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Marys-Napier-booklet-cover.jpg
St-Marys-Anglican-Napier.jpg
St-Marys-Anglican-Napier-Ontario-Heritage-Sign.jpg
Soldiers-Settlement-Sign-St-Marys-Church-Napier-ON.jpg
Interior-St-Marys-Napier.jpg
A memorial service is held here once a year. The church contains an interesting list of names, some from the War of 1812.
West Adelaide Presbyterian Church 1362 Cuddy Drive
Strathroy
Ontario
Adelaide/Metcalfe Twp, Middlesex County
Canada
West-Adelaide-Presbyterian-Sunday-School-Honours-List-WW2-Copy.jpg
West-Adelaide-Presbyterian-Church-Copy.jpg
Sign-Copy.jpg
Re-purposed-June-2015.jpg
This church closed in June 2015 and has been repurposed. The honour roll is located in Museum Strathroy Caradoc in Strathroy.
St James Anglican Clandeboye 34092 Richmond Street
Clandeboye
Ontario
Lucan Biddulph Township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-James-Church-Entrance.jpg
St-James-church-and-a-few-trees.jpg
St-James-Anglican-Church-sign.jpg
Middlesex-Heritage-Trail-Sign-St-James.jpg
St Thomas Anglican Church Granton Ann and King Streets
Granton
Ontario
Lucan Biddulph Township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Thomas-Anglican-Granton-now-a-residence.jpg
This church is no longer in operation. Its Roll of Honour is perpetuated by Wesley Knox United Church in Granton.
Granton-Wesley United Church Granton 34500 Granton Line
Granton
Ontario
Lucan Biddulph Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Sacristy.jpg
Presbyterian-1902.jpg
Ladies-Aid-stone.jpg
Granton-Wesley-United-Church-sign.jpg
Granton-United-Church.jpg
Granton-Wesley perpetuates Wesley United and St Thomas honour rolls beside its own member roll.
Wesley United Church, Granton 24028 Highbury Ave North
Granton
Ontario
Lucan Biddulph Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Wesley-United-Church.jpg
Current-Wesley-United-Residence.JPG
Weslyan-Methodist-Church-Honour-Roll-1.jpg
Wesley United has been repurposed as a residence. Its honour rolls are perpetuated by Granton Wesley United Church.
Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Lucan Main Street
Lucan
Ontario
Lucan Biddulph Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Stanley-Haskett-and-Simpson.JPG
Roll-of-Honour-WW2.JPG
Roll-of-Honour-WW1.JPG
Memorial-Window.JPG
Holy-Trinity-Anglican.jpg
Lucan United Church, Lucan Main and Albert Streets
Lucan
Ontario
Lucan Biddulph Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Lucan-United-sign.jpg
Lucan-United-Church.jpg
Honour-Rolls-Lucan-United.jpg
Honour-Roll-3-Lucan-United.jpg
Honour-Roll-2-Lucan-United.jpg
Lucan United Church was closed due to the instability of the building. It's congregation and honour rolls are now at Granton Wesley United Church
St Patricks Roman Catholic Church, Lucan 33645 Roman Line
Lucan
Ontario
Lucan Biddulph Township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Patricks-Lucan-sign.jpg
St-Patricks-Catholic-Lucan.jpg
back-of-St-Patricks-Catholic.jpg
St John the Divine Anglican Church, Arva 21557 Richmond Street
Arva
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-John-the-Divine-Anglican-Arva-ON.JPG
Interior-St-Johns-1875-c-Fred-Weyerman.jpg
Emmanuel-Church-Ballymote.jpg
DSC_0431.JPG
DSC_0424.JPG
Arva United Church, Arva Medway and Elgin Sts
Arva
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
sign-Arva-United.JPG
Sanctuary.JPG
Rolls-of-Honour.JPG
Honour-Roll.JPG
Arva-United-Church.JPG
Church of Mary Sailors Encampment Drive
St Joseph Island
Ontario
St Joseph Township
Canada
church-of-mary.jpg
Built at the settlement of Sailors Encampment on the St Mary's River in 1876 by Jesuit Missionaries. It was renovated in 1980 and became Non-denominational. It is use for special occasions. There is a small cemetery beside it. The range light next to it is used by ships up bound.
Holy Trinity Anglican Church Hwy 548
St Joseph Island
Ontario
Jocelyn
Canada
holy-trinity.jpg
Erected in 1882
St Luke's Cathedral Anglican Church of Canada 160 Brock Street
Sault Ste Marie
Ontario
Algoma
Canada
st-lukes-1.jpg
Built in 1870
Bethel Presbyterian Church, Birr Ilderton Road and Hwy 4
Birr
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
sign.JPG
Roll-of-Honour.JPG
Established.JPG
Bethel-Presbyterian.jpg
This church closed in 2014 as a Presbyterian church. It has been reborn under another denomination.
Birr United Church 14319 Thirteen Mile Rd
Birr
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Birr-United-Church.jpg
Trinity Anglican Church, Birr 14271 13 Mile Road
Birr
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Trinity-Anglican-1984.jpg
Birr-Anglican-2014.JPG
Trinity-Anglican.jpg
Bryanston United Church Highbury Ave North
Bryanston
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Bryanston-United1984.jpg
Bryanston-United-Church-business.JPG
Building repurposed as a business
St Jame's Church & Cemetery portion of S1/2 Lot 7; 3rd Conc
Brantford
Ontario
Grey Co/Derby Twp
Canada
Land-Grant-Deeds.jpg
StJamesChurch.jpg
I am in the process of writing a very short book about this Church which was deeded to the Diocese in 1851 by my 3x Great Grandparents. I have a copy of the original deed, transcript from Land Office (attached), and a few interesting tales about the beginning era of the church...These are just samples
Zion United Church Cobble Hills Road
London
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
DSCN0128.JPG
Zion-United-Church.JPG
Church repurposed as a residence.
Crumlin United Church Highway 2 and Nissouri Road
London
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Crumlin-United-Church.JPG
Re-purposed as Philadelphia Fellowship Church
Christ Church Anglican, Delaware Gideon Drive
Delaware
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Location-of-Christ-Church.JPG
Historical-Sign.JPG
Christ-Church-Honour-Roll-cMCA.jpg
Christ-Church-Delaware-ON.jpg
As the sign says, this church was demolished. The honour roll is located in the Middlesex Centre Archives in Delaware.
Delaware United Church 2709 Gideon Street
Delaware
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Steeple.jpg
sign.jpg
interior.jpg
Delaware-United-Church.jpg
Corner-Stone.jpg
This church no longer has an active congregation. Parishioners have moved to Kilworth United Church. Presently used as a daycare centre.
Denfield Baptist Church 23905 Denfield Road
Denfield
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Baptist-Church-Denfield-now-a-residence.jpg
St George's Anglican, Denfield 12658 13 Mile Road
Denfield
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Georges-sign.jpg
St-Georges-Anglican-Denfield.jpg
St-Georges-Anglican-13th-Concession-west-of-Denfield-Rd.jpg
Cunningham.JPG
Clemance.JPG
Grace Anglican Church, Ilderton 13301 Ilderton Road
Ilderton
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Grace-Anglican.jpg
Grace-Anglican-2015.jpg
This church is now closed.
Ilderton United Church 121 MIll Street
Ilderton
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Sign.JPG
Interior-ceiling.JPG
Interior-2.JPG
Interior-1.JPG
Ilderton-United-Church.JPG
Melville United Church, Ivan 24156 Nairn Road
Ivan
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Steeple-Melville-United.JPG
Melville-United-Ivan.jpg
Entrance.JPG
Active church, associated with Vaneck United
Kilworth United Church 2442 Oxford Street West
London
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Kilworth-United.jpg
KILWORTH-UNITED-CHURCH-WW-II-role.JPG
DELAWARE-UNITED-CHURCH-WW-II-role.JPG
Noted that some of the stones used to build Kilworth United Church contain fossils!
Komoka United Church 110 Lawrence Ave
Komoka
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Komoka-United-Church.JPG
St Andrews Presbyterian, Komoka 108 St Clair Ave
Komoka
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Andrews-Presbyterian-Komoka-ON.JPG
Sign1.JPG
Littlewood United Church 7009 Westdelborne
Lambeth
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
On-the-road-to-Littlewood.jpg
Littlewood-United-Church.jpg
Church-sign.jpg
First Lobo Baptist Church 22907 Nairn Rd
Lobo
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
First-Lobo-Baptist.JPG
The sanctuary in the photo has been replaced see http://geo2.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=9TygW7aKPXB0wCD4UVIMqA&output=thumbnail&cb_client=search.TACTILE.gps&thumb=2&w=408&h=306&yaw=229.44489&pitch=0&thumbfov=100
Poplar Hill Christian Church 9890 Ilderton Road
Poplar Hill
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Poplar-hill-Christian-Church.JPG
Poplar Hill Baptist Church 24415 Poplar Hill Road
Poplar Hill
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Poplar-Hill-Baptist-Church.JPG
Sharon United / Harvesters Baptist Church - London 9488 Westminster Drive,
London
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
The-road-to-Sharon.jpg
Sign.jpg
Sharon-United-Church.jpg
Sharon-United-Church-2.jpg
Sharon United Church was reused as Harvesters Baptist Church
South Nissouri Presbyterian, Thorndale 17358 Oliver Drive
Thorndale
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
South-Nissourie-PTerian-sign.jpg
South-Nissouri-Presbyterian-Church.jpg
established.jpg
Vanneck United Church 22651 Vanneck Road
Ilderton
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Vanneck-WW1-Names-DSC_8508.jpg
Vanneck-WW-2-Names-DSC_8510.jpg
VanEck-United-Church.jpg
Zion United Church Medway and Clarke Road
Thorndale
Ontario
Middlesex Centre Township, Middlesex County
Canada
Vanneck-WW1-Names-DSC_85081.jpg
Vanneck-WW-2-Names-DSC_85101.jpg
VanEck-United-Church1.jpg
Christ Anglican Church, Newbury 99 Dundas Street
Newbury
Ontario
Newbury Village, Middlesex County
Canada
Organ.JPG
Interior-Christ-Church-Newbury-ON.JPG
enclosed-pews.JPG
Christ-Anglican-Church.jpg
Christ Church is now closed.
Knox Presbyterian, Newbury Dundas & Haggerty Streets
Newbury
Ontario
Newbury Village, Middlesex County
Canada
Repurposed.JPG
Knox-Presbyterian-Newbury-ON.JPG
Cornerstone.JPG
Emmanuel Christian Church, Newbury 30 Broadway Street
Newbury
Ontario
Newbury Village, Middlesex County
Canada
Emmanuel-Christian-Church.JPG
Ailsa Craig Presbyterian demolished
Ailsa Craig
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Chancel-AG-Presbyterian-churc-cRW.jpg
Old-Presbyterian-Church-Ailsa-Craig-cRW.jpg
AG-Presbyterian-2-cRW.jpg
This church is closed. The photos are from Facebook postings by Ron Walker of the North Middlesex Historical Society. For further on this church contact Mr Walker.
Ailsa Craig United Church 154 Main Street
Ailsa Craig
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Ailsa-Craig-United-cRW.jpg
Ailsa-Craig-United-Church.jpg
Ailsa-Craig-United-Church-sign.jpg
1940s-C-Ron-Walker.jpg
Ailsa Craig Baptist Church 160 George Street
Ailsa Craig
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Baptist-Church-with-steeple-cRW.jpg
Baptist-Church-winter-scene-cRW.jpg
Baptist-Church-Ailsa-Craig-cRW.jpg
This church is now the location of the North Middlesex (Ailsa Craig) Historical Society and museum. Photos are courtesy of Ron Walker.
St. Andrew's Concession 11
Arran Twp
Ontario
Bruce County
Canada
St.-Andrews-Con.-11-Arran.jpg
I have had a copy of this picture for many years, and unfortunately have no further information on it or the source of my information. It may be this church: www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~onbcgs/bcgstwpsaugeen.htm
"A map of Saugeen Township can be found on the Bruce County GenWeb website. 'Saugeen' is a ... St Andrews Church plaque St. Andrews ... Originally, it was on the east side of the Elora and Saugeen Road, in Arran Township, but later it was moved to the west side of the Elora and Saugeen Road, in Saugeen Township." The Rootsweb site is down at the moment so I cannot check.
St Andrews Presbyterian, Beechwood 9906 Petty Street
Ailsa Craig
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Andrews-Presbyterian-Church-Beechwood-ON.jpg
St-Andrews-Presbyterian-Church-Beechwood-ON-1.jpg
Beechwood-Presbyterian-1900-cRW.jpg
1913-Corner-Stone.jpg
Knox Presbyterian Church, Bornish 31146 Centre Road
Parkhill
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Knox-Presbyterian-Centre-Road-Church-2014.jpg
Centre-Rd-Presbyterian-cRW.jpg
Centre-Rd-Church-damaged-by-tornado-cRW.jpg
135th-Btn-at-Centre-Rd-Church-cRW.jpg
Knox-Presbyterian-Church-Centre-Rd-cRW.jpg
photos entitled with a cRW are courtesy of Ron Walker
St Columba Roman Catholic Hwy 81 and Bornish Drive
Parkhill
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
ST-Columba-Catholic-at-Bornish-ON.jpg
St-Columba-c-RW.jpg
St-Columba-alter-cRW.jpg
MHT-Sign-Bornish.jpg
interior-St-Columba-cRW.jpg
cRW means the photo was supplied by Ron Walker of the North Middlesex Historical Society and was posted on Facebook
East Williams Baptist Church , Bowood 10810 Fernhill Drive
Nairn
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
East-Williams-Baptist-Church-now-a-home.jpg
East-Williams-Baptist-Church-Middlesex-Historical-Trails-Sign-near-Bowood.jpg
This is now a private residence.
Brinsley United Church Brinsley Road
Brinsley
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Under-construction-cRW.jpg
Organ-dedicated.jpg
DSC_0733.JPG
Brinsley-United-Church.jpg
Brinsley-Methodist-1921.jpg
Built in 1921 as Brinsley Methodist Church, the church has some wonderful stained glass windows, one of which is in memory of 3 men of the congregation who died in WW1.
Mars Hill Methodist Church 4381 McGillivray Drive
Brinsley
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Mars-Hill-Methodist-cRW.jpg
Mars-Hill-Methodist-Church-on-McGillivray-Drive-near-Brinsley.jpg
Mars Hill Cemetery is all that is left of Mars Hill Methodist Church. Photos are courtesy of Ron Walker of the North Middlesex Historical Society.
St Marys Anglican Church, Brinsley Brinsley Road
Brinsley
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
The-opening-of-St-Marys-Brinsley-cRW.jpg
St-Marys-Anglican-Church-Brinsley-ON.jpg
MIddlesex-Heritage-Trail-Sign-St-Marys-Anglican-Brinsley.jpg
Choir-at-dedication-cRW.jpg
building-the-churc-cRW.jpg
Photos marked cRW were posted on Facebook by Ron Walker of the North Middlesex Historical Society.
Carlisle United Church, was Carlisle Presbyterian unknown
Carlisle
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Carlisle-Presbyterian-Church.jpg
The-Bell.jpg
Memorial-corner.jpg
Carlisle-United-Church.jpg
Bell-Sign.jpg
Corbett Presbyterian Church unknown
Corbett
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Downtown-Corbett-looking-west-c-RW.jpg
Corbett-Presbyterian-Church-cRW.jpg
Ron Walker has posted pictures of Corbett Presbyterian Church on Facebook. It no longer exists. Consult North Middlesex Historical Society for details.
Grace Anglican Church, Greenway 1635 Greenway Road
Greenway
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Rebuilding-Church-at-Greenway-c-RW.jpg
Grace-Church-Greenway-ON.jpg
Grace-Anglican-Greenway-cRW.jpg
Church-with-spire-at-Greenway-c-RW.jpg
Church-spire-under-repair-or-construction-Greenway-c-RW.jpg
This church is now a residence. Files with cRW were posted to Facebook by Ron Walker of the North Middlesex Historical Society.
Greenway United Church 35998 Greenway Road
Greenway
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Historic-Sign-Greenway-United-Church.jpg
Greenway-United-Sign.jpg
Greenway-United-Church.jpg
Greenway-methodist-cRW.jpg
Drive-Shed-Greenway-United-Church.jpg
Church no longer operating. Photos marked cRW were posted on Facebook by Ron Walker of the North Middlesex Historical Society. One of the few churches still showing a drive-in shed to shelter the horses during service.
Lieury United Church 3200 McGillivray Dr
Lieury
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Presbyterian-Church-Lieury-ON-now-a-house.jpg
Lieury-Presbyterian-c-1925-cRW.jpg
interior-Lieury-United-Churc-cRW.jpg
Church-now-a-house-at-Lieury.jpg
Photos including cRW were posted on Facebook by Ron Walker of the North Middlesex Historical Society. The church has been repurposed as a residence. The steeple sits in the backyard of the house.
Church of the Holy Saviour 33 Allen St. E.
Waterloo
Ontario
Waterloo Region
Canada
Waterloo_Holy-Saviour_2.jpg
Waterloo_Holy-Saviour_1.jpg
This earliest Anglican church in Waterloo was built in 1897 and consecrated January 10th 1898. The congregation was originally called St. Saviour's.
The church website is located at: http://holy-saviour.on.ca/
Lochaber Free Presbyterian Church 2609 Fanshawe Park Rd E
London
Ontario
London, Middlesex County
Canada
The-move-to-Fanshawe.jpg
Moving-Lochaber-Church-to-Fanshaw.jpg
Lochaber-Methodist-Church.jpg
Lochaber-Church-The-Free-Presbyterian-Church-of-Scotland-in-Canada-Fort-Rose-and-Nairn-Rd-now-at-Fanshawe-Village-cRW.jpg
Lochaber-Church-at-Fanshawe-Pioneer-Village.jpg
All photos courtesy of Ron Walker of the North Middlesex Historical Society posted on Facebook.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Church unknown
Mt Carmel
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Our-Lady-of-Mt-Carmel.jpg
North-face-of-Our-Lady-of-Mt-Carmel.jpg
Nairn Mennonite Church/ Nairn Presbyterian 26459 Bear Creek Rod
Nairn
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Nairn-Presbyterian-Mennonite-Church-cRW.jpg
Nairn-Menonite.jpg
Interior-Nairn-Presbyterian.jpg
Front-of-Nairn-Mennonite.jpg
All photos from Ron Walker's collection at North Middlesex Historical society, posted to Facebook. The church building has been replaced by a modern sanctuary and complex operated by the Mennonite Church.
Parkhill United Church / St Paul's Presbyterian Church 247 Pearl Street
Parkhill
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Parkhill-United-Church.jpg
Original-Church-Sign.jpg
Memorial-Plaque-WW1-Parkhill-Methodist-2.jpg
Building-Parkhill-Presbyterian-now-United-cRW.jpg
Bell-Tower.jpg
Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Parkhill 145 Ann Street
Parkhill
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Sacred-Heart-Church-Parkhill-sign.jpg
Sacred-Heart-Catholic-Church-Parkhill-ON.jpg
St James Church, Parkhill Albert and Broadway
Parkhill
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
St-James-Church-Anglican-Parkhill-ON.jpg
MHT-sign-St-James-Anglican.jpg
Interior.jpg
St James perpetuates the honor roll of Greenway Grace Anglican.
Parkhill Baptist unknown
Parkhill
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Parkhill-Baptist-church-now-razed-cRW.jpg
Photo posted to Facebook by Ron Walker of North Middlesex Historical Society
Parkhill Methodist Church unknown
Parkhill
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Parkhill-Methodist-now-razed-cRW.jpg
Methodist-Church-Parkhill-cRW.jpg
Photos posted to Facebook by Ron Walker of North Middlesex Historical Society.
Sylvan United Church 31200 Sylvan Road
Sylvan
Ontario
North Middlesex, Middlesex County
Canada
Church repurposed as a dwelling. Records moved to Thedford United Church
Appin Presbyterian Church 53 Wellington Street
Appin
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
sign.JPG
Keystone.JPG
Corner-stone.JPG
Appin-Presbyterian-Church.jpg
Appin United Church 87 Wellington
Appin
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
Appin-United-Church.jpg
Cashmere Methodist Church 677 Longwoods Road
Glencoe
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
Middlesex-Historic-Trail-Sign.JPG
Cashmere-Methodist-in-Wardsville-United.JPG
Church no longer exists. Honour Roll is perpetuated by Wardsville United Church
Glencoe Presbyterian Church 177 Main Street
Glencoe
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
Glencoe-Presbyterian.JPG
St John's Anglican Church, Glencoe 186 Main Street
Glencoe
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Johns-Anglican-Glencoe.JPG
St-Johns-Anglican-Glencoe-exterior.JPG
Sign.JPG
Trinity United Church, Glencoe 180 Main St
Glencoe
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
Trinity-United-Glencoe.JPG
Trinity-United-Glencoe-booklet-cover.jpg
Sign1.JPG
Historic-plaque.JPG
Mayfair Old School Baptist Church Longwoods and Mayfair Roads
Melbourne
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
Thomas-Ardies.JPG
Steps-not-to-be-taken.JPG
MIddlesex-Historic-Trail-Sign.JPG
Mayfair-Old-School-Baptist.JPG
Building-Date.JPG
The cemetery at Mayfair Old School Baptist contains a headstone to Thomas Ardies who was a Civil War Veteran.
North Ekfrid United Church 6101 Olde Road
Strathroy
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
Sign2.JPG
North-Ekfrid-United-Church.JPG
Established.JPG
Knox Presbyterian Church, Taite's Corners Taites Road and Hyndman Drive
Glencoe
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
Knox-Presbyterian-Taites-Corners.jpg
Church no longer exists. For information contact the Glencoe Historical Society
St James Anglican Church, Wardsville Frederick and Hagerty Rd
Wardsville
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-James-Anglican-Wardsville.JPG
Church was demolished. See photo.
St John's Presbyterian Church, Wardsville 21911 Haggerty Street
Wardsville
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Johns-Presbyterian-Wardsville.JPG
Sign3.JPG
Wardsville United Church Wellington and Church Streets
Wardsville
Ontario
Southwest Middlesex township, Middlesex County
Canada
Wardsville-United-Church-2008.jpg
Methodist-Honour-Roll.JPG
Door.JPG
39-45-Honour-Roll.jpg
This church also perpetuates the Cashmere Methodist Church honour roll.
Burwell Memorial Anglican Church un numbered, Burwell Road
Mount Brydges
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Burwell-Anglican-window-at-St-Pauls.JPG
Burwell-Memorial-Anglican-Church.jpg
The stained glass window from this church was re-located to St Paul's Anglican Cathedral in London. It occupies a place in the Children's Chapel.
Zion/Grace Methodist/United/Lutheran Church, Cairngorm 24542 Melbourne Road
Cairngorm
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Honour-Roll-Zion-United-Church-photo.jpg
Zion-Methodist-Cairngorm-sign.jpg
Grace-Methodist-Cairngorm-now-a-Lutheran-Church.jpg
This church has many occupants over the decades. It was also the location of the Arthur Currie "donnybrook" when young Arthur took on local lads who had threatened to beat him up if he attended a local gathering.
Cooks United Church 7899 Parkhouse Drive
Mount Brydges
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Cooks-United-Sign.jpg
Cooks-United-Church.jpg
Cooks-Church-Caradoc-from-the-history.jpg
Butcher-and-Doan-memorial-WW2-memorial-window-from-Sutherland-United-Church.jpg
Glenoak Methodist Glenoak and Olde Drive
Mount Brydges
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Sign-Glen-Oak-Methodist-now-a-dwelling.jpg
Glen-Oak-Methodist.jpg
Glen-Oak-Corner.jpg
Guthrie Presbyterian Church, Melbourne 621 Brook Street
Melbourne
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Tower-on-Guthrie-Presbyterian-Melborne-ON.jpg
Sign-at-Guthrie-Presbyterian-Church-Melbourne.jpg
Roll-of-honour.jpg
Guthrie-Presbyterian-Church-Melborne-ON.jpg
The town cenotaph is located across the street from Guthrie Presbyterian
Melbourne United Church 592 John Street
Melbourne
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Melborne-United-sign.jpg
Melborne-United-Church.jpg
Interior.JPG
Honour-Roll.jpg
St Judes Anglican Church, Mount Brydges 639 Bowan Street
Mount Brydges
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Judes-Anglican.jpg
Sign.jpg
St Andrews, Mount Brydges Hwy 81 and Falconbridge Road
Mount Brydges
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Andrews-sign.jpg
St-Andrews-Church-1906.jpg
Currently repurposed as a home
Baptist Church, Mount Brydges 22397 Adelaide
Mount Brydges
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Baptist-Church-Mt-Brydges.jpg
Mount Brydges United Church 22522 Adelaide Road
Mount Brydges
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Mount-Brydges-United-Church.jpg
Mt Carmel United Church 23717 Adelaide Road
Mount Brydges
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Our-Heroes.JPG
Mt-Carmel-Methodist-United-Church.jpg
Mt-Carmel-Methodist.jpg
This church is currently a residence and business. The photo of the shield was taken at Museum Strathroy-Caradoc
South Caradoc United Church 21054 Muncey Road
Strathroy-Caradoc
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Sunday-School-War-Memorial.jpg
Steeple.jpg
South-Caradoc-United-Church.jpg
Middlesex-Historic-Trail-Sign-at-South-Caradoc-United-Church.jpg
Interior1.jpg
North Caradoc St Andrews Presbyterian 8503 Scotchmere Drive
Strathroy
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Sign4.JPG
Roll-of-honour-WW1.jpg
North-Caradoc-Presbyterian.jpg
Interior1.JPG
St Andrews Presbyterian, Strathroy Richmond and Albert Sts
Strathroy
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Andrews-Strathroy-ON-27-06-2012.jpg
St-Andrews-History-cover-booklet.jpg
Honour-Roll-St-Andrews-Presbyterian-Strathroy.jpg
Church-Sign.jpg
First Baptist Church, Strathroy 20 Centre Street
Strathroy
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Roll-of-Honour.jpg
Sanctuary-platform.jpg
Listed-Honourees.jpg
First-Baptist-Strathroy.jpg
Walkers Drive Baptist Church Sutherland and Walker's Drive
Strathroy
Ontario
Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc, Middlesex County
Canada
Walkers-Drive-Baptist.JPG
1875.JPG
This church is now a private residence. For more information contact the Strathroy and District Historical Society
Avon United Church 5924 Putnam Road
Avon
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre
Canada
United-Church-lineage.jpg
Avon-United-Church-now-a-home.jpg
Crampton United Church 4350 Putnam Road
Mossley
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Crampton-United-now-a-home.jpg
Crampton-Church-1898-cDorchester-WI-Tweedsmuir-Diary.jpg
Dorchester Presbyterian 1677 Richmond Street
Dorchester
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre
Canada
Honour-Roll-by-Choir-in-Sanctuary-Dorchester-Presbyterian.jpg
Dorchester-Presbyterian.jpg
Dorchester-Presbyterian-Church-sign.jpg
Dorchester United Church 4100 Catherine Street
Dorchester
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Honour-Roll-Dorchester-United-Church.jpg
Dorchester-United.jpg
Dorchester-United-Sign.jpg
St Peter's Anglican Church, Dorchester 4091 Catherine Street
Dorchester
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Volunteers-St-Peters-Anglican-Dorchester.jpg
Volunteers-St-George-Church-Belmont-in-St-Peters-Anglican-Dorchester.jpg
St-Peters-Anglican-Church-Dorchester-ON.jpg
Middlesex-Heritage-Trail-Sign.jpg
St-Peters-Anglican-Church-Dorchester-ON1.jpg
St Peters's perpetuates the honour roll of St George Church Belmont Ontario
Gladstone Baptist Church 4933 Dorchester Road
Gladstone
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Gladstone-Baptist-Church.jpg
Booklet.JPG
Harrietsville United Church 5391 Elgin Road
Harrietsville
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
History-of-North-Dorchester.JPG
Lineage.jpg
Harrietsville-United-Church.jpg
Harrietsville-United-Church-history-no-roll-of-honour.jpg
Bethesda East United Church Plover Mills Road and Nissouri Road
Thorndale
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Kelly-Station-date-of-monument.jpg
Cairn-at-Kelly-Station.jpg
Bethesda-East-United-Church.jpg
Nilestown United Church 2421 Hamilton Road
Nilestown
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Nilestown-United-Church.jpg
Nilestown-Church-1960s.jpg
This is now a residence
North Nissouri United Church/North Nissouri Presbyterian 24058 Fairview Road
Thames Centre
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Middlesex-Heritage-Trail-sign-N-Nissouri-United.jpg
Gravestones-at-North-Nissouri-United.jpg
Front-of-Church.jpg
Church.jpg
Putnam United Church 7180 Hamilton Road
Putnam
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Putnam-United-Church.jpg
Putnam-United-1967-Booklet.jpg
Lineage1.jpg
Corner-stone.jpg
St George's Anglican, Thorndale 172 Thorndale Road
Thorndale
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
St-Georges-Anglican.jpg
Thorndale United Church 245 Thorndale Road
Thorndale
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Thorndale-United-Church.jpg
The-sign.jpg
Roll-of-Honour.JPG
Interior2.JPG
Wellburn United Church 23589 Wellburn Road
Wellburn
Ontario
Municipality of Thames Centre, Middlesex County
Canada
Church has been repurposed as a residence
Knox Presbyterian Church Fingal 35596 Fingal Line
Fingal
Ontario
Elgin County/Township of Southwold
Canada
new-church-picture-2013.jpg
This church was built in 1906 by architect Neil Darrach, replacing the original clapboard church. The congregational celebrated its 180th anniversary in October 2017. Current upgrades include air conditioning, an elevator, emergency lighting and meets fire and safety codes.
St. Andrew's United Church Concession Road 2
Bainsville
Ontario
South Glengarry County, Lancaster Township
Canada
St-Andrews-United-Church-Bainsville-Ont.jpg
Church is rural, on Concession Rd 2 just east of intersection with the Second Line Road (County Rd 26). It is surrounded by the Church cemetery. GPS co-ordinates (Google Maps) 45.180944, -74.452346. A.K.A. 2nd Concession Church. Historical Municipality of Bainsville. Photo view is facing south, the Church faces the road.
Holy Trinity Anglican Church 8140 Victoria Street
Metcalfe
Ontario
Osgoode Ward, Ottawa
Canada
Holy-Trinity-Church-Metcalfe-2015.jpg
Holy-Trinity-Church-without-tower-Metcalfe-1908.jpg
Located in the Village of Metcalfe. The original Church was torn down in the late 1800's and the stone building that exists today is on the original site. The sepia photo was taken in 1908 (post card photo) and the second colour photo was taken in 2015. Both photos taken from Victoria Street. The stone tower was added in 1924. GPS: 45.2337879, -75.477330. In 2018 the Church belonged to the Anglican Diocese of South Carleton.
Historically the Church was in Osgoode Township. Carleton County. Further information about the history of the Church can be obtained at the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa Archives in Ottawa.
Salem United Church 19041 County Rd 2
Cornwall
Ontario
United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, South Glengarry Township
Canada
Salem-Church-Summerstown-Ontario.jpg
Church Postal Code is K6H 5R5. The Church is in the Village of Summerstown, Ontario and faces the St. Lawrence River looking across Highway 2. GPS: 45.053622, -74.574643. The Salem United Church Cemetery is on the west and north sides of the Church.
All Saints Anglican, London 249 Hamilton Road
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
All-Saints-Feb-2016.jpg
Stained-Glass.JPG
O-Valiant-Hearts.jpg
Interior3.JPG
Bishop Cronyn Memorial Church 442 William Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
WW2.JPG
Sapper-Abbot-plaque.jpg
The-Book-of-Remembrance.JPG
RCR-Colours-perpetuated.JPG
Bishop-Cronyn-Memorial-Church.jpg
Cronyn Memorial closed in 2015 and is now repurposed as a concert hall. The military records, colours etc are deposited in the Royal Canadian Regiment Museum in London Ontario.
Church of the Epiphany, London 11 Briscoe Street West
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Memorial-Corner-Church-of-the-Epiphany-London-ON.jpg
Interior-Church-of-the-Epiphany.jpg
Church-of-the-Epiphany.jpg
The last Saturday of each October, a Remembrance Service is held at the cenotaph located on the church property.
Church of the Ascension, Anglican, London 2060 Dundas Street East
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
The-Ascension-Window.jpg
Foyer-with-Honour-Rolls.JPG
Church-of-the-Ascension-London.jpg
Ascension Anglican is an amalgamation of St Matthews Anglican 1895 - 2000, Resurrection Anglican 1923 - 2000, St Barnabas Anglican 1950 -2001 and St Timothy's St David's Anglican 1955 - 2001.
St. Paul's on the Hill United Church 34A Carter Crescent, Kagawong, Ontario P0P 1J0, Canada
Kagawong
Ontario
Manitoulin/Billings
Canada
St-Pauls-on-the-Hill-United-Church-Kagawong.jpg
Originally know as the Henry Church, then the Kagawong Union Church, and finally St. Paul's on the Hill. The church was decommissioned in December 2017.
Details and history here:
http://www.manitoulin.ca/2017/12/15/st-pauls-united-church-holds-closing-service/
Alexandra Presbyterian Church 410 Colborne Street
Brantford
Ontario
N3S 3N6
Canada
100-yrs-celebration-2012.jpg
Alex-Sunday-school-Sept-1949.jpg
Alexandra-Presbyterian-Church-2012.jpg
Alexandra-Church.jpg
In 1901 the church was built on the back of the site with the sanctuary being built in 1912. The original part was then used as Sunday school and office space. Then in 1975 the original building (1901) was demolished for office and parking lot. In 2012 there was a celebration & re-enactment of the laying of the cornerstone in 1912. Several local dignitaries as well as the Lt. Gov. D Onley attended.
Saint George's Anglican Church Burleigh Street
Apsley
Ontario
Peterborough
Canada
DSC03961.JPG
DSC03944.JPG
Holy Trinity Anglican Church, London 245 King Edward Ave
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
DSCN1226.JPG
St Anne's Anglican, Byron 1344 Commissioners Rd W
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
St-Annes-sign.JPG
Honour-Roll-St-Annes-Byron.jpg
St George's Anglican, London 227 Wharncliffe Road North
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
St-Georges-Anglican-London.JPG
Memorial-Windows.JPG
Memorial-Window.JPG
Interior4.JPG
St James Westminster Anglican Church 115 Askin Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
St-James-Westminster.jpg
St-James-Westminster-cFB.jpg
Old-Contemptibles-Flag.JPG
interior-circa-1900-cFB.jpg
St John the Evangelist Church 280 St James Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Interior-War-Memorial-Window.JPG
St-John-the-Evangelist.jpg
Panorama-WW1-Honour-Roll.jpg
Boar-War-Memorial.jpg
St Luke's Anglican Church, London 1204 Richmond Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
DSCN1464.JPG
St Stephan's Memorial Anglican Church 727 Southdale Road East
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
The-previous-church.JPG
St-Stephens-Anglican.jpg
Memorial-Garden.JPG
Trinity Anglican Church, Lambeth 4307 Colonel Talbot Road
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Trinity-Anglican-Lambeth.JPG
sign1.JPG
Royal-Marines-Assoc-Plaque.JPG
Interior5.JPG
New Horizons Baptist/Maitland Street Baptist 819 Maitland Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
WW2-Maitland-St-Baptist.JPG
The-Mantle-Memorial-Window.JPG
Maitland-St-Baptist.JPG
This church was reborn as New Horizons Baptist Church when a group of Brazilian immigrants chose it as their place of worship.
Egerton Street Baptist Church 209 Egerton Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
under-construction-circa-1920-cFB.jpg
from-FB-Egerton-St-Baptist-1940s.jpg
Egerton-Street-Baptist.JPG
First Baptist Church, London 568 Richmond Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Interior-Talbot-Street-Baptist-cFB.jpg
Harry-Browns-citation-for-the-VC-cFB.jpg
First-Baptist.JPG
Pte Harry Brown VC name appears on the church's honour roll. He showed his religion as Roman Catholic when he signed up. He did some training in London. Mystery?
Christ Church, Parish of Huntley 3008 Carp Road
Carp
Ontario
Huntley Township
Canada
Christ-Church-Anglican-Parish-of-Huntley-Carp-Ontario-4.JPG
Christ-Church-Anglican-Parish-of-Huntley-Carp-Ontario-3.JPG
Christ-Church-Anglican-Parish-of-Huntley-Carp-Ontario-2.jpg
Early History of Christ Church, Parish of Huntley prepared by Suzanne Thompson

In 1818 John Cavanagh and William Mooney left Tipperary County, Ireland and sailed across the mighty Atlantic on a long voyage of 13 weeks in primitive wooden ships to arrive in Quebec, Canada. From there they made their way to the heavily forested third line of Huntley and settled on Lot 11, Concession 2. Later on, Mr. Mooney left for Hull, Quebec to find work. .

John Cavanagh felled the first tree of Huntley township. He lived in a dugout in the ground, covered with trees, until he had built a shanty. He was Huntley’s very first settler. Gradually other hardy settlers joined him here.

In 1838 John Cavanagh deeded 5 chains 17 links (approx 1 acre) of his farm land to the Bishop of Quebec for an English Church to be built. Included in the deed was the stipulation that “the above John Cavanagh was to have pew No. 1 on the south side of the said church.” Today this pew is still used by the Cavanagh family.

A meeting was held at the home of Arthur Hopper, who owned the first store in Huntley Township. Mr. Hopper also had the first mail Facility, which was a courier once a week on horseback or horse and sleigh. He lived across the corner from where Christ Church stands today on Lot 10, Con.2. At this meeting it was decided that the stone Church would be built and it would be 50 ft x 30 ft x19 ft high. Mr. A. Thomas Christie was given the contract. Christ Church was completed in Nov. 1838. The stone was supplied by W. B. Bradley and came from nearby Bradley’s Creek just 2 miles away. The 3 foot thick stone walls have certainly stood the test of time. The first schoolhouse next door was actually built before the Church.

On Easter Monday 1839 the first Vestry Meeting was held in Huntley Parish. It was decided to have the burial ground laid out by a surveyor (up to that time graves had been placed in a haphazard way) and to have a log fence built around the burial ground and Christ Church. A cemetery lot cost half a dollar. Pews were to be rented for 10 shillings a year in the centre of the Church, increasing by 6 pence for each pew forward to the front and decreasing by 6 pence toward the back.

The first resident Rector, Rev. James Godfrey, came in 1853 and he lived in the Rectory which was just one-half mile south of the Church.

In the Great Fire of 1870 that Rectory was burned to the ground, as was the wooden fence that surrounded Christ Church, but the Church itself was not damaged. In that terrible fire more than half of the congregation lost homes, buildings and crops. 2 years later the Rectory was rebuilt in the village of Carp in the middle of the Fairgrounds of today.
In 1938 Christ Church celebrated its 100th anniversary. The stone cairn was built in front of the church to commemorate this event, and it was dedicated to honour the memories of the pioneer men and women of the district and the Parish who founded Christ Church.
Auld Kirk 1923 Ramsay Concession 8
Almonte
Ontario
Ramsay Township, Lanark County
Canada
Auld-Kirk-Almonte-Ontario-2.JPG
Auld-Kirk-Almonte-Ontario-1.JPG
Faith Lutheran Church 310 Southdale Road East
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Faith-Lutheran-Church.JPG
Trinity Lutheran Church, London 746 Colborne Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Trinity-Lutheran-from-parking-lot.JPG
Roll-of-Honour1.JPG
London Gospel Temple 288 Commissioners Road West
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
The-Burston-Brothers-cMRG.jpg
Roll-of-Honour-Petecostal-Assembly.jpg
Roll-of-Honour-Pentecostal-Assembly-right-panel.jpg
Roll-of-Honour-London-Petecostal-Tabernacle.jpg
London-Gospel-Temple.jpg
The two Burston Brothers and a third Londoner died in the same plane on the same day.
Chalmers Presbyterian Church 342 Pond Mills Road
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Honour-Roll-002.jpg
Chalmers-Presbyterian-Aug-2017.jpg
Elmwood Presbyterian Church 111 Elmwood Avenue East
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Elmwood-Presbyterian.JPG
Elmwood-Presbyterian-Honour-Roll-WW2.jpg
St. John's Anglican Church 3751 Kinburn Side Road
Antrim
Ontario
Fitzroy Township, Carleton County
Canada
St.-Johns-Anglican-Church-Antrim-Fitzroy-Township-Carleton-County-Ontario-P1010930.JPG
St.-Johns-Anglican-Church-Antrim-Fitzroy-Township-Carleton-County-Ontario-1.JPG
St.-Johns-Anglican-Church-Antrim-Fitzroy-Township-Carleton-County-Ontario-P1010929.JPG
New St James Presbyterian Church 280 Oxford Street East
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
DSCN2178.JPG
Replaced a previous St James located at 568 Richmond Street circa 1920
St George's Presbyterian Church 1475 Dundas Street East
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
St-Georges-Presbyterian-2016.jpg
This building replaced the 1896 building.
St Mary's Parish Church 345 Lyle Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
The-Roll-of-Honour-on-Remembrance-Sunday.JPG
St-Marys-Parish-Church.jpg
St Peter's Cathedral Basilica 533 Clarence Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
The-window.jpg
St-Peters-Cathedral-Basilica.JPG
Interior6.JPG
Heritage-Sign.JPG
Boer-War-Memorial-Window.JPG
A lot of heritage information is available through the Diocese Archives including a World War I diary by Bishop Michael Fallon
Byron United Church 420 Boler Road
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Byron-United-Roll-of-Honour.jpg
Byron-United-Church.jpg
Photo of the church is from the website.
St. Paul's Anglican Church 3148 Diamondview Road
Fitzroy Township
Ontario
Fitzroy Township, Carleton County
Canada
St.-Pauls-Anglican-Church-Fitzroy-Township-Carleton-County-Ontario.-1997-1.jpg
Services were held for a congregation at Fitzroy 9th Line from 1867 and there was a church building by 1876 located across the street where the cemetery now exists. The current stone St. Paul's Anglican Church was built around 1888 and consecrated on 4 July 1896. It was renovated in 1912 and again in 1949. In 1985 St Paul's, 9th Line (now Diamondview) was closed and was removed from the Synod listings in 1988. Recently the building was entirely renovated and turned into a private residence.
Calvary United Church, London 290 Ridout Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Honour-Roll.JPG
Calvary-United.JPG
Colborne Street United Church, London 711 Colborne Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Colborne-United.JPG
WW1-Roll-of-Honour.JPG
Dundas Street United Church 482 Dundas Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
interior-C-1896-cFB.jpg
Dundas-Street-United.jpg
Dundas-Centre-Methodist-Church-London-cFB.jpg
Circa-1910-cFB.jpg
cFB means it was posted on Facebook.
First St Andrew's United Church, London 350 Queens Avenue
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
St-Andrews-Presbyterian-Circa-1920-cFB.jpg
First-St-Andrews-United.JPG
Hyatt Avenue United Church, London 282 Hamilton Road
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Hyatt-Ave-Methodist-Church-cFB.jpg
Hyatt United Church was originally a Methodist church, that was part of the unification of the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational churches in the 1920s. It functioned until the early 2010’s and then closed due to declining membership. It was recently purchased by the Egyptian Community Centre in Ontario in North York with plans for it to be converted to a mosque.
Hyde Park United Church, London 1560 Hyde Park Road
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Hyde-Park-United-Church.jpg
Hyde Park United was originally built as a Presbyterian church in 1876. It closed in 2011 and has been skillfully “re-purposed” by a dermatologist.
Metropolitan United Church, London 468 Wellington Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Metropolitan-United-Church.JPG
North-Street-Methodist-circa-1860-cFB.jpg
First-Methodist-later-Metropolitan-circa-1920-cFB.jpg
1917-Interior-cFB.jpg
Interior-showing-Memorial.JPG
Trinity United Church, London 76 Doulton Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Trinity-United-Church.jpg
Wellington Street United Church, London 156 Wellington Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
Wellington-Street-United.jpg
Wellington-Street-Methodist-circa-1887-cFB.jpg
Wesley Knox United Church, London 91 Askin Street
London
Ontario
The City of London Ontario
Canada
A-most-unusual-Memorial.JPG
Wesley-Knox-United.jpg
Interior7.JPG
St John's Anglican Church, Windsor 3305 Sandwich Street
Windsor
Ontario
City of Windsor Ontario
Canada
South-face-rear.jpg
Alexander-Grant-Sign.jpg
South-Face.jpg
Rear-of-Chancel.jpg
BW.jpg
The first St John's Church was built in 1807 and burned down by the Kentucky Mounted Rifleman in September 1813.
St Paul's , Dejong 6221 Wisbeach Road
Dejong
Ontario
Lambton County
Canada
St-Pauls-Church-Dejong.jpg
Shrapnel.jpg
Pte-Patterson-33rd-Btn.jpg
Eusebius-McGillicuddy.jpg
This church is not in operation, but the graveyard is well maintained
Warwick United Church 7023 Egremont Road
Warwich
Ontario
Warwick Township, Lambton County
Canada
Warwick-United-3.jpg
Warwick-United-1.jpg
This church closed in 2010.
St. Patrick Roman Catholic Church 1600 Flos Road Four West
Phelpston
Ontario
Simcoe/Springwater (Flos)
Canada
Phelpston-St-Patrick-RC-Church-02.jpg
Phelpston-St-Patrick-RC-Church-03-with-cemetery.jpg
Phelpston-St-Patrick-RC-Church-01.jpg
Parish founded in 1865. This church was built beginning in 1891.
St. Ann Roman Catholic Church 28 Robert Street West
Penetanghuishene
Ontario
Simcoe
Canada
Penetanguishene-St-Anne-RC-Church.jpg
According to wikipedia,"Originally named "Ste Anne's Jesuit Memorial Church: Canadian National Shrine", [the church] is sometimes referred to today as the "Cathedral of the North". The Church was constructed between 1886 and 1902 by pastor Theophile Francis Laboureau. Laboureau secured major funding for the church from the Bishops of Rouen and Normandy in France as well as the governments of England, France and the United States."
(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penetanguishene#Tourism_and_sights)
St. Louis Roman Catholic Church 4784 Line 4 North
Hillsdale (Mt. St. Louis)
Ontario
Simcoe/Medonte-Oro (Medonte)
Canada
Medonte-St-Louis-RC-Church.jpg
Parish established in 1839. There have been at least three buildings. I do not know the date of construction of this (the current) one.
St. Columban Roman Catholic Parish 37 Fourth Street East (36 is rectory mailing address)
Cornwall
Ontario
Stormont
Canada
Cornwall_St-Columban_Post-Vatican.jpg
Cornwall_St-Columban_Pre-Vatican.jpg
Cornwall_St-Columban_02_1864-1896.jpg
Cornwall_St-Columban_01_1829-1864.jpg
Cornwall_St-Columban_-03_1896-Present.jpg
Located in Cornwall's Original Mile Square, St. Columban is the "mother church" of Cornwall R.C. churches, pre-dating the diocese (Alexandria, renamed Alexandria-Cornwall) and pre-dating Confederation. The parish outgrew the 1829 and 1864 churches, replacing them with the current 1896 church on the same site. The first parish cemetery is immediately east of the church and the second cemetery is on 11th Street West. I have a personal tribute page for the parish: https://www.facebook.com/St-Columban-Parish-Historic-Beautiful-1382321318761743/ as well as this Museum post on the history of the parish: https://cornwallcommunitymuseum.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/cornwalls-irish-catholic-community/ (I am the Museum Manager & Associate Curator).
Paisley Memorial Church 40 Margaret Street
Guelph
Ontario
Wellington
Canada
This is no longer a United Church. It was sold in 2012 to a local evangelical congregation. The above photos are stained glass windows created by a member of the Church and a local artisan- https://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/find/find-type-resource/archival-special-collections/regional-and-campus-history/gordon-couling.
Paisley Memorial Church 40 Margaret Street
Guelph
Ontario
Wellington
Canada
Gordon-Couling-5.jpg
Gordon-Couling-4.jpg
Gordon-Couling-3.jpg
Gordon-Couling-2.jpg
Gordon-Couling-1.jpg
Gordon-Couling-7.jpg
Gordon-Couling-6.jpg
This is no longer a United Church. It was sold in 2012 to a local evangelical congregation. The above photos are stained glass windows created by a member of the Church and a local artisan- https://goo.gl/wKjqZg
Blue Church Hwy 2 & Blue Church Rd
West of Prescott
Ontario
Augusta Township (Concession 1, Lot 15)Grenville County 
Canada
IMG_2672-Version-2.jpg
IMG_2674-Version-2.jpg
IMG_2670-Version-2.jpg
THE BLUE CHURCH On January 1, 1790, inhabitants of Augusta and Elizabethtown townships agreed to build a church here in the "burying yard" of the proposed town of "New Aswegatchie". Subscriptions were inadequate and nothing was built by 1804 when Barbara Heck, the founder of Methodism in Upper Canada, was buried here. In 1809 Anglicans of Augusta and Elizabethtown built a frame chapel, later called the "Blue Church", which served the parish until St. James, Maitland, was opened in 1826. The "Blue Church", unconsecrated, rarely used for services and in bad repair, was partially burned and taken down in 1840. The present small blue church was built in 1845. Erected by the Archaeological and Historic Sites Board, Department of Public Records and Archives of Ontario.
Trinity Anglican, Bearbrook 8785 Russell Rd
Ottawa Carleton
Ontario
Cumberland Township
Canada
IMG_3013-Version-2.jpg
Saint Laurent Roman Catholic 5958 8th Line Road
Carlsbad Springs
Ontario
Gloucester township
Canada
IMG_7238-Version-2.jpg
Notre-Dame-Du-Rosaire, Roman Catholic County Road 13
Crysler
Ontario
Finch Township, Stormont County
Canada
IMG_5511.jpg
Ste. Euphemie Roman Catholic St. Isidore Road
Casselman
Ontario
Cambridge Township Russell County
Canada
IMG_4142-Version-2.jpg
Sacré-Coeur Roman Catholic Champlain Road and Donald St
Bourget
Ontario
Prescott County
Canada
Sacré-Coeur-Church-Bourget.jpg
Sacré-Coeur-Sign-Bourget.jpg
St. Albert Roman Catholic St. Albert Road/ Regional Road 7
St. Albert
Ontario
The Nation Municipality. Prescott County
Canada
St.-Albert-Church.jpg
St.Albert-Sign.jpg
Ste-Félicité Roman Catholic Landry Street
Clarence Creek
Ontario
Prescott and Russell
Canada
Ste-Félicité-Church-Clarence-Creek.jpg
St. Hugues Roman Catholic 3295 Sarsfield Rd
Sarsfield
Ontario
Russell County
Canada
St. Viateur Roman Catholic Main Street
Limoges
Ontario
Russell County
Canada
St.Viateur-Church-Limoges.jpg
Our Lady of Divine Love Roman Catholic 2084 Concession 10 Road
Pendleton
Ontario
Prescott County
Canada
Our-Lady-of-Divine-Love-Church-Pendleton.jpg
Our-Lady-of-Divine-Love-Sign-Pendleton.jpg
Saint-Pascal-Baylon Roman Catholic du Lac Road
Saint-Pascal-Baylon
Ontario
Russell county
Canada
Saint-Pascal-Baylon-Church.jpg
Ste. Therese D'Avila 4539 Gregoire Rd.
Marionville
Ontario
Russell County
Canada
Ste.-Therese-DAvila-Marionville.jpg
St. John The Evangelist Roman Catholic 2540 Stagecoach Road
Enniskerry
Ontario
Carleton County
Canada
St.-John-The-Evangelist-Church-Enniskerry.jpg
St. Benoit-Labré Roman Catholic Old Highway 17
Wendover
Ontario
Prescott and Russell County
Canada
St.-Benoit-Labré-sign-Wendover.jpg
St.-Benoit-Labré-Church-Wendover.jpg
St. Paul's Roman Catholic Water Street
Plantagenet
Ontario
Prescott and Russell County
Canada
St. Luc Roman Catholic Cartier St
Curran
Ontario
Prescott and Russell County
Canada
St.-Luc-Roman-Catholic-Church-Curan.jpg
St. Stephen Anglican / Episcopal Anglican Church Road near the Western intersection with Highway 7
Brooke
Ontario
Bathurst Township Lanark County
Canada
St.-Stephens-Anglican-Church-Brooke.jpg
St.-Stephens-Anglican-Sign-Brooke.jpg
Our Lady Of The Visitation Roman Catholic 5338 Bank St.
Ottawa
Ontario
Gloucester Township, Carleton County
Canada
Our-Lady-of-the-Visitation-Ottawa.jpg
Morewood Presbyterian Church 13723 County Rd. 13
Morewood
Ontario
Winchester Township, Dundas County
Canada
Morewood-Presbyterian-Church.jpg
Speedside Congregational Church (Now United Church) Speedside
5903 Wellington County Rd 29, Speedside, ON NOB 2KO
Ontario
Wellington County
Canada
The church was originally on land donated by Wm Smith Armstrong, my great grandfather. At the time I believe it was a Congregational Church but much later merged with United Church. Apparently years ago there was a difference of opinion within the Barrie Hill congregation and some of the Armstrongs decided to organize their own church congregation. There is plenty of information on the web regarding the hexagon shape and its origins. My grandparents Alex Barrie Cooper and
Speedside Congregational Church (Now United Church) Speedside
5903 Wellington County Rd 29, Speedside, ON NOB 2KO
Ontario
Wellington / Eramosa
Canada
Speedside-United.jpeg
The church was originally on land donated by Wm Smith Armstrong, my great grandfather. At the time I believe it was a Congregational Church but much later merged with United Church. Apparently years ago there was a difference of opinion within the Barrie Hill congregation and some of the Armstrongs decided to organize their own church congregation. There is plenty of information on the web regarding the hexagon shape and its origins. My grandparents Alex Barrie Cooper and Lucy Emily Armstrong married in this church in July 1900. I would love to know who the people are in the photo and likely they are Armstrongs and Peters. Contributed by Ian Cooper
St. Peter's Anglican Church 13 Queen's Court
Silver Water
Ontario
Manitoulin/Unorganized
Canada
xSt.Peters-Anglican-Church-Silver-Water.jpg
1904-1991
More information at:
http://archives.algomau.ca/main/node/20054
St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church Main Street
Kagawong
Ontario
Manitoulin/Billings
Canada
IMG_0928.JPG
1937 -
45.90967/-82.25956
More information at:
http://archives.algomau.ca/main/taxonomy/term/675
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church 40 William Street North
Lindsay
Ontario
Victoria/Kawartha Lakes
Canada
St.-Andrews-Presbyterian.jpg
http://lindsayadvocate.ca/st-andrews-presbyterian-church/
Grace United Church 156 Main Street North
Brampton
Ontario
Peel
Canada
1990-Grace-United-Church-Brampton-1.jpg
Built in 1867. https://www.graceunitedbrampton.com/150-years-of-grace
St John the Evangelist Anglican /Strathroy 34 Head Street
Strathroy
Ontario
Middlesex/Strathroy Caradoc
Canada
Pugsley-window.jpg
Honour-Roll-window.jpg
Frederic-Wilfrid-Robinson-window.jpg
135th-Colours-Laid-Up.jpg
St-John-the-Evangelist-Strathroy.JPG
The colours of the 135th Battalion were laid up in St John the Evangelist.
Strathroy United Church 92 Maria Street
Strathroy
Ontario
Middlesex/Strathroy-Caradoc
Canada
Strathroy-United-Church-cFB.jpg
Honour-Roll-at-Strathroy-United-Church.jpg
Detail-from-Roll-of-Honour-Plaque.JPG
Strathroy-United-Church.JPG
Canton United Church 4891 Line Rd. 4
Port Hope
Ontario
Hope Township
Canada
Canton-1.JPG
Canton-3.JPG
Canton-2.JPG
Canton-11.JPG
The original church, the "Hope Chapel" (built 1832), was later, after the brick church was constructed in 1876, used as the church hall. Canton Church was amalgamated with the Garden Hill and Welcome churches in 2013 and put up for sale shortly after. Its future is presently undecided (Feb 2018).
Welcome United Church 4651 County Road 2
Port Hope
Ontario
Hope Township
Canada
Welcome.JPG
The present brick edifice was erected in 1889. A church has been on this site since 1843: a frame Bible Christian church ; an 1856 brick; and an 1880 Methodist, which burned and was replaced by the present building in 1889.
It amalgamated with the Garden Hill and Canton churches c2012, and renamed New Hope United Church.
St. Paul's Anglican Church County Road 10
Perrytown
Ontario
Hope Township
Canada
The original church, built in 1843, was replaced with the present brick edifice in 1914.

On 01 Sep 2011, St. Paul's amalgamated with St. Anne's in Bewdley. The latter has since closed, and, as of 2018, was up for sale.
Garden Hill United Church 3964 Ganaraska Road
Campbellcroft
Ontario
Hope Township
Canada
Garden-Hill.JPG
Garden Hill United Church is the direct descendant of Perrytown Presbyterian, built c1838 on lot 15 in concession 6, just west of the present St. Paul's Anglican Church, and replaced with a new church with a seating capacity of 400 in 1851.
When Thomas Albert Gray died in 1877, he left a good part of the money needed for the construction of a new brick church. The congregation decided to build the new church in Garden Hill, so in 1879, when the new church was completed, the congregation moved from Perrytown to Garden Hill and the church became the Garden Hill Presbyterian Church. In 1925, when the Methodist and Presbyterian Churches in Canada joined to form the United Church, the church was renamed again as the Garden Hill United Church.
With the c2012 amalgamation with Canton and Welcome, the church was sold. It currently houses a bakery appropriately called "Heavenly Treats".
Bailieboro United Church 181 County Road 28
Bailieboro
Ontario
Otonabee-South Monaghan Township
Canada
Bailieboro.JPG
A Methodist church, built 1883. Now closed and operating as an antique shop, "Sanctuary Antiques". The interior has been maintained as it was, with its beautiful stained glass windows.
Bailieboro United Church County Road 10
Bailieboro
Ontario
Cavan Township
Canada
Bailieboro2.JPG
Bailieboro Methodist Church was erected on land in the village purchased for $100 from Robert and Jane Byers in 1885. The architect was McGimpsey of Port Hope and local contractor John Kerr was the builder. Opening services were held on Sunday July 1, 1883.
It is now closed and for sale (Feb 2018).
Lyndon United Church (formerly M E) 27 Lynden Road
Lynden
Ontario
Flamborough
Canada
DSCN0072.JPG
DSCN0071.JPG
Blessed Sacrament 145 Victoria Ave.
Chatham
Ontario
Chatham-Kent
Canada
Chatham_Blessed_Sacrament_1.jpg
Opened 04 Feb 1923 to serve Catholics on the north side of the Thames River in Chatham. Interior completely destroyed by fire 06 Jan 1964. Redesigned by Chatham architect Joseph Storey, and Rambush of Canada, liturgical designers. Re-opened in 1965. Still in use in 2018.
Morrish United Church County Road 2 & Morrish Road intersection
Morrish
Ontario
Hope Township
Canada
Morrish-EG.jpg
Morrish.jpg
Morrish-1.JPG
Morrish Wesleyan Methodist was built in 1865 on land donated by John and Mary Morrish. With dwindling attendance and disrepair, the church closed in 1967 and the congregation became part of the Welcome pastoral charge.
It was demolished in 1984, its location marked with a commemorative plaque.
Christ Church (Anglican) 181 County Road 28
Bailieboro
Ontario
Cavan Township
Canada
Bailieboro1.JPG
Built in 1891, this church is now home to Sanctuary Antiques (opened 2011). The interior and stained glass windows are as they were when it was an active Anglican church.
St. Paul's Anglican Church County Road 10
Perrytown
Ontario
Hope Township
Canada
Perrytown.JPG
St-Pauls.PNG
The original frame church that was the first St. Paul's church in Perrytown was recorded as being built in 1842 by Philip Fox, on land deeded by James Rutledge.
After 70 years of service, a new church was needed. The congregation donated the cost, providing labour and gifts of money from within the community. The church was consecrated on November 26th, 1914 1914.
On 01 September 2011, St. Anne's (Bewdley) amalgamated with St. Paul's.
St. Anne's Anglican Church 5078 Pine Street
Bewdley
Ontario
Cavan Township
Canada
St-Annes.JPG
From Catherine Milne's & Donna McGillis', "The Early History and Founding of Bewdley, Ontario", 1990:
ST. ANNE'S ANGLICAN CHURCH, located on Pine Street in Bewdley, has no connection with the cemetery that lies to the south of it. According to the late BOB HANCOCK, once a lay reader at St. Anne's, the building was originally a chicken barn that had been moved from a farm south of Bewdley around the turn of the century. It was renovated with donated materials into a church building by volunteer labour and a stone fixed in the gable which still reads; Bewdley Church /Open to all Protestant denominations/1901. Thomas B. Chalk, a wealthy and prominent resident and mayor for several terms at Port Hope, owned a great deal of property in the Bewdley area. He allowed the Bewdley residents to erect the church on two of his lots. Ministers of various Protestant denominations took turns holding services there until the early 1920s when it remained vacant for several years. During the incumbency of the Rev. J. M. Crissal, rector from 1925-28 at St. George's Anglican Church, Gore's Landing, the Bewdley church building was acquired by the Anglican Synod and named St. Anne's. The Synod purchased the land from Chalk for the sum of $1.00 with the provision that it would return to the Chalk family if there ever ceased to be a church on the property. St. Anne's Anglican Church was designated a historic building in 1988 by the Heritage Branch of the Ontario Government on the recommendation of Hamilton Township L.A.C.A.C., and continues to hold weekly services. (It is now a private residence.)
Shiloh United Church 4698 County Road 5
Shiloh
Ontario
Clarke Township
Canada
Shiloh.JPG
Taken from www.ontarioabandonedplaces.com:

During the winter of 1860-'61, the people of Starkville district circulated a subscription to build a Wesleyan Methodist church, to be built on land donated by Thomas Ray for the sum of $600. After some discussion, the name "Shiloh" was chosen. The building was erected in 1861 and dedicated 15 June 1862. It was some years before there was either an organ or choir.

Shiloh became part of the Newtonville circuit about 1874. In 1895, the church was remodelled under the guidance of Rev. Wesley Down. In 1914, the church was raised and a basement was put under it.

It celebrated its jubilee anniversary in 1922 and is still active.
Zion United Church 973 Line Road 4
Zion
Ontario
Hope Township
Canada
Zion.JPG
(Taken from Harold Reeves' "History of the Township of Hope" 1967)

John Hicks Eymon received the appointment as Missionary of the Bible Christians, arriving from England with his wife in the summer of 1833. He was stationed at Cobourg, where he wrote:
"In the early winter of 1833, I was invited to preach at what was called the Log School House, in the western part of the Township of Hope. This was the commencement of the society now known as Zion. The first protracted service that I held in Canada was at the log school house. At the close of the meeting it was agreed to build a Chapel."

The first Chapel was framed and erected in 1839 on land deeded by Samuel Naylor. The first, second, third, and fifth District meetings were held in the Zion Chapel.

Minister William Hooper, in a letter dated 09 Nov 1858, wrote:
"A week from next Sabbath (God willing) we intend to open a very neat new Chapel at Zion in this circuit. It is about thirty-two feet by forty-two feet, with a good basement for Sunday School purposes. It will cost 500 pounds and will be the fifth good, substantial brick Chapel in the Circuit."
(The church is now a private residence.)
BETH EMANUEL CHURCH / Fugitive Slave Chapel 430 Grey St.
London
Ontario
London Middlesex
Canada
Slave-Chapel.jpg
This has been my family church for as far back as we have been residence of London. My mother was baptized here, my grandparents, great grandparents, and great-great grandparents were all married here. My cousins and I attended church/Sunday school here going back generation's. During the restoration in 2005. My cousin Jeff was a part of the group that restored the church.
Church of Disciples of Christ - Kilsyth Grey Road 5 (between Concession Roads 6 and 7)
Kilsyth
Ontario
Georgian Bluffs, Grey County
Canada
kilsyth-disciples-1.jpg
Evangelist preachers of the Disciples of Christ came to Grey County in the 1840s to establish congregations in Kilsyth, Owen Sound, and Meaford. The Disciples believed in the authority of the New Testament and adult baptism by immersion. Alexander Fleming and his wife Jean were founding members of the Kilsyth church. Alexander gave the land for the first log church in 1858, and the Fleming family contributed to the brick church built in 1880. Many of the Fleming children and their children were baptized here and married. There was a small but active congregation until 1935 when services were discontinued. Alexander’s grandson Albert E. Fleming converted the building to a house where he lived until his death in 1956. The house continues to be occupied.
Church of Disciples of Christ, Owen Sound 386 10th St E (Intersection of 10th Street and 4th Ave East)
Owen Sound
Ontario
Grey County
Canada
owen-sound-disciples-1.jpg
The followers of the Disciples of Christ were among the first to build a church in Owen Sound in 1844. Among the members were the families of W.A. Stephens, A. M. Stephens, John Doyle , W.C. Boyd ,all of whom were early settlers who became prominent businessmen. Their log church (location not known) was replaced by a brick building (467 Tenth Street East) in 1854, and that in turn by a handsome stone building opened for service in 1889 [see photo]. Christopher A. Fleming , educator and businessman, was an active and influential member in the Owen Sound church and the larger Co-operative of Disciples congregations in Ontario through to his death in 1945. Some of the pastors and evangelists he recognized in his history of the church were C.J. Lister, James Lediard, W.J. Cadman, J.P. McLeod. The church was dissolved 30 December 1956 and the building sold to the Church of the Nazarene, an Evangelical Christian denomination which continues to hold its services there.
St. Columba Bornish Roman Catholic Church 31619 Centre Road (Corner of Bornish Drive)
London
Ontario
North Middlesex
Canada
StColumba-Bornish-31619-Centre-RdLondonON.jpg
My Great Grandfather Malcolm McIntosh b. 1821 in Lower Bornish, Isle of S. Uist, Inverness, Scotland helped lay the cornerstone of this parish in 1849. Previously the church was a wooden structure before the brick construction was added.
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church 131 Walton Street
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
Free-Presbyterian.JPG
Presbyterian-2018.JPG
St.-Andrews.jpg
1st-Presbyterian-post1854.jpg
1854-church-2018.JPG
St. Paul's (opened 1906) is the latest in a series of Presbyterian churches in Port Hope, the earliest being a wooden structure in 1927, replaced by a brick building in 1854. Secessions resulted in the formation of St. Andrew's (1858-1872; demolished), and the Mill Street church (1963-1912; moved south in 1910 and now the Navy cadet building).
In addition, the Free Presbyterian Church on Toronto Road is active. It is home to the Scriven Christian Academy, a private school, founded 1978.
Port Hope United Church 34 South Street
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
Port-Hope-United.JPG
Following the 1874 destruction of the former Methodist church, a new brick edifice was erected on a lot purchased from J. Shuter Smith in 1870 across the street. It opened on 02 March 1876. It narrowly escaped destruction by fire on 31 July 1893.
Our Lady of Mercy RC Church 155 Walton Street
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
Our-Lady-of-Mercy.JPG
Founded in 1825, the present building was dedicated 07 October 1855, following arson in 1851, in which all the original records were lost. The steeple was added by Father Brown during his 1869-1890 tenure in Port Hope. The porch and hall are later additions.
First Baptist Church 57 John Street
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
1st-Baptist.JPG
From the Church web site:
"In 1867 the work of erecting the Port Hope First Baptist Church was begun, much to the joy of the Baptist congregation - the earliest record of the existence of Baptists in the town was 1855. Mayor William Craig spoke for some time about building a new chapel and had bought a new site for $800.00 which he gave to the church. The financing for the building was based on the principal of freewill offerings - gifts from eighteen subscribers which amounted $875.00."
In 1894 an addition was added to the east end, providing classrooms in the basement and vestries above.
St. Mark's Anglican Church 51 King Street North
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
St-Marks.JPG
The two-year construction of St. Mark's (originally St. John the Evangelist) began in 1822 on land donated by John David Smith. The bell, still in use, was donated by Jonathan Walton in 1826. With an 1842 enlargement and 1851 alterations to windows and tower, the church approached it present size, form, and Gothic appearance.
In 1869, a new St. John's was opened on Pine Street. The old church was reopened in 1873 and rededicated to St. Mark. It is said to be the smallest and oldest frame church still in regular use in Canada.
Our first Canadian-born Governor-General, Vincent Massey, is buried in the adjoining churchyard.
Burns (Kilmartin) Presbyterian Church 24493 Dundonald Rd
Glencoe
Ontario
Middlesex County
Canada
Burns-Kilmartin-Presbyterian-Church.jpg
This church has a history that dates back to Scottish settlers from the Kilmartin and Craignish parishes of Arygyll, Scotland coming to Canada in the 1840's. Near Glencoe, Ontario.
Bible Christian Church 7 Hagerman Street
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
Bible-Christian-2018.JPG
Little is known of this church. The land was purchased by the trustees of the church from Charles Cameron in 1867, with the church being built in 1870, according to the 2008 tax assessment rolls. A further portion of land was purchased in 1885 by Rev. John Bredin.
The land registry records are confusing, but the church was still in operation in 1885, and may have been sold by the Trustees to John Wallace in 1887. It has been a private residence for many years.
St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church 33 Pine Street North
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
St-Johns-Anglican.JPG
This church was the replacement of the original 1822 church on King Street. As early as 1855, consideration was being given to a new and larger church to be built on the west side of town. In February 1865, it was decided to build the new church, in the then-popular Gothic Revival style, on the corner of Pine and South streets. Construction began in 1867 and was completed in 1869.
Following that, the original church on King Street reopened, dedicated as St. Mark's.
Grace Missionary Church 2 Centennial Drive
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
Centennial-St-Grace-2018.JPG
Ward-St-Grace.JPG
Taken from information provided by the church…
Rev. Lloyd Sider, pastor of Colbourne United Missionary Church, held the first service at Port Hope, on 23 June 1940 at 16 John Street. This chapel, called Bethany Chapel, was run by City Mission Workers - ladies sent in pairs by the District to establish new ventures in different areas.
Following a move to the corner of Queen and Walton, the decision to build a church resulted in the United Missionary Church on Ward Street, dedicated 15 May 1949. In the early ‘70s, the name was changed to Grace Missionary Church.
In 1988, plans were laid for the new present church on Cavan Street. The Ward Street church is now a daycare.
Calvary Pentecostal Church 401 Croft Street East
Port Hope
Ontario
Municipality of Port Hope
Canada
Calvary2.JPG
Calvary4.JPG
Calvary-3.JPG
Calvary1.JPG
From the Church website…
In 1948, a small group began meeting at the Orange Hall on John Street. The first church proper was opened on Mill Street in June 1950.
In 1968, that building was sold and a house/church on Wellington Street was dedicated in 1969. A few years later, a parsonage was purchased on Highland Drive.
As the congregation grew, plans were made to relocate to larger facilities, and dedication services were held in the Toronto Road building in January 1986.
In November 2006, the church site was relocated to its present location in a former bingo hall on Croft Street.
Glamis Baptist Church 1372 Bruce Road 15, GPS: 44.206, -81.3891
Tiverto
Ontario
Bruce Township
Canada
Glamis-Baptist-in-2007.jpg
Glammis-Baptist-church-c19151.jpg
Glamis-Baptist-log-church-before-18851.jpg
The Baptist church in Glammis, Bruce County, was established in 1874 and this building was started in 1884. See page 122 of book at www.glammis.ca for more information.
Glamis Baptist Church 1372 Bruce Road 15, GPS: 44.206, -81.3891
Tiverton
Ontario
Bruce Township
Canada
Glammis-Baptist-church-c1915.jpg
Glamis-Baptist-log-church-before-1885.jpg
[David Thompson: These pictures are old enough to be public domain. Please add to the pictures I sent in this morning. John Kaminski]
The log church was across the street from the brick church shown in the other 2 pictures.
Glammis Methodist/United Church 1352 Bruce Road 15
Cargill
Ontario
Greenock Township
Canada
Glammis-Methodist-church-Marguerite-Groves-c1920.jpg
Glammis-United-church-elders-c1925.jpg
Glammis-MethodistUnited-church-private-garage-in-2007.jpg
Located at GPS: 44.2051, -81.387, this church was built in 1998 as the Glamis or Glammis Methodist Church. In 1925 it changed to the Glammis United Church. In 1949 it was sold and converted to a garage, later a Texaco station, and in 1988 a private garage.
Glamis - St Paul's Presbyterian Church 1403 Bruce Road 15, GPS: 44.207, -81.393
Tiverton
Ontario
Bruce County/ Kincardine Township
Canada
Glamis-Presbyterian-Church-in-2007.jpg
Glamis-Presbyterian-church-c1918.jpg
Glamis-Presbyterian-log-church-c1859.jpg
The log church was erected in 1858 and replaced by the brick church in 1896. In 2008 the congregants celebrated the church's 150th anniversary. Services are still held here in summer. See page 162 of book at www.glammis.ca for more information.
Dunblane Presbyterian Church 230 The River Road
44.3914 -81.324
Port Elgin
Ontario
Bruce County/ Saugeen Township
Canada
Dunblane-church-interior-in-2014.jpg
Dunblane-church-in-2014.jpg
Dunblane-church-plaque.jpg
Dunblane-church-gathering-in-1909.jpg
The church was built in 1859 from cedar logs cut from the banks of the Saugeen River. This was covered in board and batten on the outside and plastered inside in 1876 and that is how it remains. Services were held regularly till 1968 and are now held once a year. For more information, see "Light Through the Years", ISBN 0-9672724.
Cockburn Island Church 13 Queen's Court
Cockburn Island
Manitoulin District
Canada
Cockburn-Island-Church.jpg
Thanks to Scott McDougall for use of his photograph (2017).
St. Mary's Anglican Church 7047 London Line, Digby St., , lot 7, south of Egremont, Warwick, ON
Latitude: 43° 00.220' Longitude: 81° 56.512'
Warwick
Lambton
Canada
St.-Marys-Anglican-Church-Warwick-Village.jpg
Date Formed: circa 1834 as part of a combined parish of Warwick Village and Adelaide Village, Middlesex County. 1843 frame church built- 1889 new church built
Date Closed: 1995
Church Type: Anglican Previous Denomination:
Associated Cemetery: St. Mary's Anglican
Affiliation: Reverend John Radcliffe was the minister in 1834.
1856 St. Paul's, Wisbeach
1859 St. Paul's Wisbeach; St. James, Brooke
1870 St. Paul's, Wisbeach; St. James, Brooke; Trinity, Watford
1873 St. Paul's, Wisbeach; Trinity, Watford
Search: 1889 St. Paul's, Wisbeach
Records: St. Mary's Church Register, 1896-1994, microfilm, available at the Lambton Room; St. Mary's marriages, 1859-1863, published in Lambton Lifeline, Vol. 7, No.2, 1990. see Memories of Warwick Village Diocese: Huron for list of ministers.
Zion United Church also Zion Methodist Church Zion Line & Arkona N.W. Corner, Warwick, ON
Lot 24 Survey: Concession: 2#.E.R.
Warwick
Lambton
Canada
Warwick_Zion_1.jpg.jpg
Date formed 1925 - Dated Closed: June 4, 1972 Church Type: United - Previous demonination: Methodist.
Records: Fonds 1826:
-records including baptisms, 1894-1960, marriages, 1918-1960, burials, 1923-1928, 1935-1960, of Watford Central Pastoral Charge (includes Zion Church in Warwick Township), 1894-1960.
-records including baptisms, 1953-1971, marriages, 1960-1971, burials, 1950-1970, of Watford Pastoral Charge (includes Zion Church in Warwick Township), 1914-1971
United Church of Canada/Victoria University Archives.
Notes: The church building was sold to the Faith Baptist congregation in 1975.
The building was moved in 1976 and joined to Faith Baptist Church.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church 207 Brodie Street, Thunder Bay, Thunder Bay
Thunder Bay
Thunder Bay
Canada
105-340-St.-Andrews-Presbyterian-Church-Fort-William-Ont.-Canada.jpg
Image is a postcard from approximately 1912. The original church is seen to the left. The old church was moved to Pruden Street in 1913 and became known as Knox United.
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church 9770 Bonaventure Dr. SE
Port Arthur
Thunder Bay
Canada
105-353-St.-Pauls-Presbyterian-Church-Port-Arthur-Ont.-Canada.jpg
This was the original St. Paul's Presbyterian Church in Port Arthur built in the early 1880s. It was replaced by a newer larger structure in 1913. The original church burned to the ground in the 1920s.
Pro-Cathedral of the Assumption 480 McIntyre Street West
North Bay
Nipissing
Canada
105-369-Catholic-Church-North-Bay-Ont.jpg
postcard view of the Catholic Church in North Bay circa 1911
St Elmo Presbyterian Church Highland Rd, Maxville, ON K0C 1T0
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/St+Elmo's+Presbyterian+Church/@45.3123062,-74.9449763,12z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1spresbyterian+church+near+Saint+Elmo,+ON!3m4!1s0x0:0x117eace7b2167a51!8m2!3d45.3114617!4d-74.8744869?hl=en&authuser=1
St. Elmo
Roxborough
Canada
IMG_8539.JPG
IMG_8535.JPG
The brick church was built to replace the log church - as in the information on the two plaques . The last service in the brick church was held July 2017.
St. James Lutheran Church 96 Queen St. East
Cambridge
Waterloo Region, ON
Canada
St.-James-Lutheran-Oct-2016.jpg
Built in 1867. Sold by the congregation in 2017 to a Hindu Assoc.
St James' Anglican Church 217574 Concession RD 3
44 30' 17.7" N - 80 56' 54.4" W
Derby
Derby Twp/Grey Co
Canada
Nathaniellizhdstn.jpg
StJamesChurch.jpg
The headstone is that of my 3x great grandparents, located in the adjoining cemetery...St James/Barber Cemetery. They gave the Dioceses a deed for 3/4 acre of land to build the church in 1851. I am presently doing more research in order to write a short book on the History of this church/cemetery. The church was active from the late 1850's to the 1920's when it was destroyed, however the cemetery is still intact.
St. George's Fairvalley 66 Fairvalley Road, Oro Medonte, ON
?
Oro Medonte
Oro Medonte
Canada
St-Georges-Fairvalley.jpg
My Dad (Rev William H. Warnica) was priest there 1961-1964
St. Luke's, Price's Corner 9160 Highway 12 West, Orillia, ON
?
Orillia
Severn
Canada
St-Lukes-Prices-Corner.jpg
My Dad William H Warnica was priest 1961-1964
Trinity Church Bradford 62 Church St, Bradford, ON L3Z 1P7
?
Bradford
West Gwillimbury
Canada
Trinity-Bradford.jpg
William H Warnica was priest 1966-1969
Christ Church Holland Landing 110 Peter St, Holland Landing, ON L9N 1K9
Holland Landing
East Gwillimbury
Canada
Christ-Church-Holland-Landing.jpg
William H Warnica was priest 1966-1969
St. James the Apostle 3 Cathedral Rd, Brampton, ON L6W 2P1
?
Brampton
Peel
Canada
St-James-the-Apostle.jpg
William H Warnica was priest 1969-1973
ST. Ansgar Lutheran Church 600 Lawson Rd, London, ON N6G 4A3
?
London
Essex
Canada
St-Ansgar-Lutheran-Church-London.jpg
Albury 2681 Rednersville Road (County Road 3),
Albury
Prince Edward County, Ameliasburgh Twp.
Canada
Albury-Church-2.jpg
Albury-Church-1.jpg
"After holding church services in various houses in the community, James (Jacobus) and Elizabeth Peack (Peck, Peeck) gave the gift of land in the early 1800's to be used as a church, school and burying ground. The first church was built in Albury in 1850 as an interdenominational church. It was a gray stone building with a low roof pitch. It had three Gothic windows on each side and one on either side of the front door. The stone church was built to the east of the present building. Unfortunately, the sandy soil which made it easy for interring the dead, provided poor foundation for the building. Shifting sand under the building made it unsafe; it was condemned and torn down in the spring of 1898. Upon its demolition the construction a new church was started immediately. In 1898, the present Church was built and dedicated following Methodist traditions, which were strong in Prince Edward County. Source: http://www.reach.net/~vrose/"
Burkholder United Church 465 Mohawk Rd E, Hamilton, ON L8V 3K4
43.222909, -79.856369
Hamilton-Wentworth
Wentworth County, Barton Twp
Canada
Burkholder-United-Church.JPG
St Andrews Presbyterian Church 551 Main Street
Plympton-Wyoming,
Lambton
Canada
St-Andrews-Wyoming-presbyterian-1950.jpg
St-Andrews-presbyterian-2018.jpg
Date formed: 1866
History: 1930 Brick Church Built
Date Closed: May 26 2013 (147 yrs.)
After 2013 : Private Home
Associated Cemetery: Wyoming Public
Affiliation: Abrerarder, bear Creek, Camlachie Knox,