Cemetery Transcription Published 2015
Includes Map, History, Transcriptions, Index
Date of Opening: 1823
The Anglican congregation in Ancaster dates from the 1790s when the community of Wilson’s Mill was ministered by Reverend John Stuart. The current church was built in 1824 on land given by George Rousseaux, using local Anglican and Presbyterian labour and funds. Originally the church and cemetery were to be used by these two denominations and any other Protestant Church that requested burial for their members. The first burial took place in 1823, but by 1826 the church and cemetery were solely Anglican. Like St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Cemetery, there is an assemblage of table tombs. The cemetery is the final resting place of many notable Ancaster residents. It remains in use and is maintained by the Church.